I will offer you the space to express freely how you are feeling and what has happened to you in the past, or is happening to you now. Together, we will explore your thoughts, feelings, behaviours, memories and beliefs regarding the issue (s) that brings you to therapy at a pace determined by you.
The aim of our work will be:
- to develop a greater understanding of your issues and how they are impacting on you,
- to reduce the negative emotional impact your experience has on you,
- to develop new strategies for managing these issues,
- to identify changes you want to make in your life to improve the quality of your life,
- to build resilience for the future.
I draw on several recognised psychotherapy approaches to support you, based on your individual needs.
I will listen to you and support you no matter how difficult your experiences. As your therapist I will support you emphatically and without judgement.
Issues that might bring you to counselling:
- suicidal thoughts
- work place stress, burn-out
- relationship issues (no longer happy in relationship, difficulty maintaining relationships, contemplating leaving, partner leaving, abuse, affair, sexual issues)
- bereavement or loss
- sexuality/gender identity
- parenting issues
- trauma (childhood or adult, isolated incident or long-term)
- self-esteem, self-worth, self-confidence
or one of many other reasons.
Some issues may be more recent, or you may have struggled with something for a big part of your life.
Whatever your background, you are welcome to explore with me whether I am the right therapist for you.
- Initial Assessment: £50 for up to 90 minutes
- Weekly sessions: £50 for 60 minutes
Sessions that are not attended without cancellation are charged in full.
Therapy sessions cancelled less than 24 hours before the appointment time are charged in full. Cancellation lass than 3 days before are charged at £25.